Welcome, and thank you for your interest in CashBackApp. The following Terms and Conditions is a legally binding contract between you and CashBackApp regarding your use of CashBackApp's website, mobile applications, networks, and other related features or services (collectively, the "Service").
If you are not eligible, or do not agree to all of the Terms, then please do not use the Service.
You must be at least eighteen (18) years old to use the Service. By agreeing to the Terms, you represent and warrant to us: (i) that you are at least eighteen (18) years old, (ii) that you have not previously been suspended, removed or deactivated from the Service, and (iii) that your registration and your use of the Service is in compliance with any and all applicable laws and regulations. Any breach of these representations may result in CashBackApp revoking your permission to use the Service and any rights you have to the Rewards in your account may terminate, pursuant to Section 17 of these Terms. If you are using the Service on behalf of an entity, organization, or company (collectively "Subscribing Organization"), you are an authorized representative of that Subscribing Organization with the authority to bind such organization to these Terms; and agree to be bound by these Terms on behalf of such Subscribing Organization. In such a case, "you" in these Terms refers to your Subscribing Organization, and any individual authorized to use the Service on behalf of the Subscribing Organization, including you. You must be at least 21 years old to redeem Offers with alcoholic beverages on the Service.
2. End User License Agreement. Your use of any mobile application or other downloadable software we may provide (each, an "App") is subject to an End User License Agreement. The applicable End User License Agreement depends on the platform on which the App is designed to run and the features of the App. The End User License Agreement will be presented to you when you download and/or install the App and will be accessible through the App. Apps are deemed part of the Service, and all such End User License Agreements are hereby incorporated into, and made a part of, the Terms by reference.
3. Additional Terms. Your use of the Service is subject to any additional terms, rules, or guidelines applicable to certain services and features which we may post from time to time (the "Additional Terms"). All such Additional Terms are hereby incorporated by reference into, and made a part of, the Terms.
We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change the Terms on a going forward basis at any time. Please check the Terms periodically for changes. Your continued use of the Service after the changes become effective constitutes your binding acceptance of such changes. In the event that a change to the Terms materially modifies your rights or obligations, we will make an effort to notify you of the change at least fifteen days prior to the effective date of such change, such as by sending you an email to the email address we have on file for you, or presenting a pop-up window or other notification to you through the Service when you log in, and we may require that you accept the modified Terms in order to continue to use the Service. Immaterial modifications are effective immediately upon publication, and material changes will be effective upon the earlier of (a) continued use of the Service with actual knowledge of the modification, or (b) fifteen (15) days following the change. However, modifications addressing new functions of the Service or modifications made for legal reasons will be effective immediately. For the avoidance of doubt, disputes arising hereunder will be resolved in accordance with the Terms in effect that the time the dispute arose.
To access most features of the Service you must register for an CashBackApp account. When you register for an account, you may be required to provide us with some information about yourself (such as your email address or other contact information). You agree that the information you provide to us is and will be accurate and up-to-date at all times. When you register, you will be asked to provide a password. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password. You also agree to use one or more of the following multi-factor authentication methods in order to provide further security to your account: (i) phone number, (ii) email address, or (iii) such other method as may be offered by CashBackApp in its sole discretion. If you are accessing your CashBackApp account from a new device (or if you are logging in to your CashBackApp account for the first time), you must first log in using your username and password, then complete the multi-factor authentication process you have selected. Once you confirm your identity via the multi-factor authentication process, you will have full access to your CashBackApp account. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur within and pursuant to your account. If you have reason to believe that your account is no longer secure for any reason (for example, in the event of a loss, theft or unauthorized disclosure or use of your password), then you agree to notify us immediately by submitting a ticket from within the app or visiting our Help Center. If you are unable to log-in to the Help Center please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some features of the Service enable us to tailor your experience in the Service based on your location. If you decline to provide location information, or if, in our judgment, we cannot verify your location, you will be unable to utilize some features of the Service.
1. Cash back reward. CashBackApp may make available to you from time to time through the Service offers on certain third-party products and services (each an "Offer"). When you redeem an Offer through the Service, you will accumulate rewards in your CashBackApp account ("Rewards"). Each Offer may be subject to Additional Terms and may be discontinued by CashBackApp at any time without notice. At any time and in CashBackApp's sole discretion, CashBackApp may: (i) determine whether or not you are eligible to redeem an Offer; (ii) determine whether or not you have earned Rewards; or (iii) adjust your Rewards total to accurately and fairly reflect the Rewards that you have actually earned. CashBackApp may, in its sole discretion, deduct from your CashBackApp account any Rewards that CashBackApp determines you have not earned or you have earned in violation of these Terms. Prior to distribution, Rewards have no monetary value and you may not obtain any cash, money, or anything of value in exchange for your Rewards except as made available by CashBackApp under Section 6.2.
2. Rewards Redemptions and Minimum Rewards Level. Once you have accumulated at least 100 Kenyan Shillings in Rewards in your CashBackApp account (the “Minimum Distribution Amount”), you may elect to have CashBackApp distribute your Rewards via one or more of the available distribution options as shown in the CashBackApp mobile app. The available distribution options are subject to change without notice to you, in accordance with these Terms, and you have no vested right to any particular form or method of distribution. You may not Redeem any Rewards, and you may not obtain any cash, money, or anything of value in exchange for your Rewards prior to reaching the Minimum Distribution Amount, or if subsequently your Rewards fall below the Minimum Distribution Amount, for as long as your Rewards remain below the Minimum Distribution Amount. For each distribution option made available by CashBackApp to you through the Service, CashBackApp displays to you within the CashBackApp mobile app the Minimum Distribution Amount at any given time, in which case that Minimum Distribution Amount will apply. The Minimum Distribution Amount is subject to change by CashBackApp at any time. CashBackApp may, at its sole discretion, limit the amount of Rewards that you can distribute in any given period of time or for any particular transaction. If you elect to close your CashBackApp account and you have undistributed Rewards that meet or exceed the Minimum Distribution Amount, you will be expected to distribute such Rewards prior to closing your account, and you must distribute those Rewards even if this means you must distribute your Rewards in the payout option with the lowest minimum distribution amount. If your account is terminated by CashBackApp, and if you fail to properly distribute your Rewards in accordance with these Terms when closing your account, or if at the time of closing you have less than the Minimum Distribution Amount in your account, any rights you have to the Rewards in your account will terminate and you will no longer be eligible to receive a distribution of such Rewards.
3. Third-Party Payment Providers and Rewards Cash-out. Certain distribution options are provided by licensed money transmitters authorized by CashBackApp to operate in connection with the Services (e.g., m-pesa.) (“Authorized Money Transmitters”) and are subject to additional terms and conditions associated with your account with such Authorized Money Transmitter (the “Payment Provider Terms”). When you elect to distribute Rewards through an Authorized Money Transmitter, you further agree (i) that CashBackApp is acting as your agent with respect to the payment processing, and (ii) that you are bound by the applicable Payment Provider Terms made available by that Authorized Money Transmitter, as such Payment Provider Terms may be modified by the Authorized Money Transmitter from time to time.
5. Affiliate Merchant Offers. Certain Offers require you to click a shopping link within the Service to be directed to an affiliated merchant’s mobile app (which may also require you to download such mobile app) or website (each an “Affiliate Merchant”), and complete a purchase to earn a Reward on your net purchase amount. Please note that the net purchase amount generally excludes taxes, fees, shipping, gift-wrapping, discounts or credits, returns or cancellations and extended warranties. Certain Affiliate Merchants exclude a limited number of products and purchases from the Offers. A list of exclusions is included in the Additional Terms associated with each Offer and is subject to change without notice. Additionally, to earn Rewards, you must complete your purchase during the same shopping session you start after clicking on the shopping link associated with the Offer. If you visit other mobile apps or websites before completing your purchase, your purchase might be associated with a service other than CashBackApp’s Service and you might not earn a Reward on your purchase.
6. Taxes. Depending on applicable local tax laws, your distribution of Rewards may be subject to taxes. You will be solely responsible for any and all tax liability arising out of your distribution of Rewards and you agree to provide CashBackApp with information CashBackApp requests in connection with applicable federal, state, and local tax laws. You are solely responsible for any tax liability (including fees, penalties or fines) incurred by CashBackApp as a result of your action or inaction in connection with the foregoing (including your failure to provide CashBackApp with information). You agree that CashBackApp is authorized to offset such tax liability from your Rewards.
7. Account Maintenance Fees. There will be no maintenances fee on your account, but in the future this charge might be introduced and communicated 30 days in advance to cover costs associated with the creation and maintenance of your CashBackApp account.. Under no circumstances will you ever pay an Account Maintenance Fee with anything other than amounts in your CashBackApp account – we will never ask you to make a payment for Account Maintenance Fees with credit or debit cards, checks or cash.
8. Escheatment. Under applicable state law, property which is presumed abandoned may under certain circumstances escheat to the applicable state after a certain amount of time, as determined by the law applicable in the state in which you reside (or of your last-known state of residence). You accept and agree that any amounts that remain in your CashBackApp account after such statutory period will be reported to your state of residence as unclaimed property, and CashBackApp may be required to escheat any funds remaining in your CashBackApp account to your last-known state of residence. CashBackApp shall have no liability to you, your respective heirs, legal representatives, successors and assigns, or any other party, should any or all of the remaining funds in your CashBackApp account escheat by operation of law.
1. submit to CashBackApp purchase information that is false, inaccurate, fabricated, counterfeited, tampered with, adjusted, or otherwise artificial or inauthentic for the purpose of seeking to redeem Offers with CashBackApp;
2. redeem, or attempt to redeem, CashBackApp Offers for products that have not actually been purchased and retained, or for products that have been purchased but returned to a store or online vendor, following purchase;
3. upload receipts to CashBackApp that have already been uploaded by you or another user, for the purpose of earning credit from CashBackApp for purchasing products that you did not actually purchase;
4. upload receipts to CashBackApp that reflect purchases that took place more than one (1) week prior to the date on which the receipt is uploaded;
5. upload receipts to CashBackApp that reflect purchases that took place prior to the launch date of a retailer's Offer or campaign and therefore prior to your adding the Offer, except where expressly permitted in the Offer details;
6. attempt to obscure the date on a receipt, such as by purposefully uploading a receipt without any date shown or without any clearly legible date shown;
7. extract information from CashBackApp's web or mobile applications for the purpose of using said information in conjunction with another service, web or mobile application;
8. rent, lease, loan, sell, resell, sublicense, distribute or otherwise transfer the licenses granted herein or any Materials (as defined below);
9. post, upload, or distribute any defamatory, libelous, or inaccurate User Content or other content;
10. post, upload, or distribute any User Content or other content that is unlawful or that a reasonable person could deem to be objectionable, profane, offensive, indecent, pornographic, harassing, threatening, embarrassing, distressing, vulgar, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or otherwise inappropriate;
11. exploit or attempt to exploit CashBackApp's referral bonus program by inviting yourself to join CashBackApp using another account or invite others who share the same mobile device, in an effort to earn referral bonuses or credit(s), or by publishing your personal referral code on any public website, store, or forum for the purposes of exploiting CashBackApp’s referral bonus program by referring people personally unknown to you;
12. make false or misleading claims about CashBackApp's referral program or any other incentive program created by CashBackApp;
13. impersonate any person or entity, falsely claim an affiliation with any person or entity, or access the Service accounts of others without permission, forge another person's digital signature, misrepresent the source, identity, or content of information transmitted via the Service, or perform any other similar fraudulent activity;
14. infringe the copyright or other proprietary rights on the Service or of any User Content;
15. make unsolicited offers, advertisements, proposals, or send junk mail or spam to other users of the Service. This includes, but is not limited to, unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or other solicitation material, bulk mailing of commercial advertising, chain mail, informational announcements, charity requests, and petitions for signatures;
16. use the Service for any illegal purpose, or in violation of any local, state, national, or international law, including, without limitation, laws governing intellectual property and other proprietary rights, and data protection and privacy, or the collection, storage, transmission, or access of educational records;
17. defame, harass, abuse, threaten or defraud users of the Service, or collect, or attempt to collect, personal information about users or third parties without their consent;
18. use the Service, including CashBackApp’s Referral program, for any commercial purpose;
19. remove, circumvent, disable, damage or otherwise interfere with security- related features of the Service or User Content, features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content accessible through the Service, or features that enforce limitations on the use of the Service or User Content;
20. reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or otherwise attempt to discover the source code of the Service or any part thereof (including any App), except and only to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation;
21. modify, adapt, translate or create derivative works based upon the Service or any part thereof, except and only to the extent the foregoing restriction is expressly prohibited by applicable law; or
22. intentionally interfere with or damage the operation of the Service or any user's enjoyment of it, by any means, including uploading or otherwise disseminating viruses, adware, spyware, worms, or other malicious code.
1. CashBackApp may make available to you through the Service the opportunity to establish a payment account (“Payment Account”) that will allow you to complete purchases using a payment method that you store in your Payment Account (“Payment Method”). Payment Methods may include a Debit Card, and are subject to change by CashBackApp at any time. Your Payment Method will be stored in a secure form in accordance with applicable laws and regulations by a third party affiliated with CashBackApp. You may establish more than one Payment Method in your Payment Account (e.g., you may add two or more Debit Cards to your account). You may change the default Payment Method at any time through your CashBackApp Payment Account settings, and if you do not select a default Payment Method CashBackApp may select one of your Payment Methods as a default Payment Method for your Payment Account.
2. CashBackApp may notify you from time to time about specific merchants and/or certain transactions where you can use your Payment Account to make payments through the Service. CashBackApp may also notify you from time to time of certain Rewards or other loyalty incentives that you may receive by using your Payment Account to conduct certain transactions through the Service.
3. When you make a purchase through the Service using your Payment Account, your Payment Method may be charged immediately or at a later time, so you must ensure that sufficient funds are always available through your chosen Payment Method to complete all transactions that you authorized through your Payment Account. The funds charged to your Payment Method may be used directly to complete your purchase, or may be converted by CashBackApp through an intermediate payment method (e.g., a gift card, an Automated Clearing House (ACH) payment, or another form of electronic fund transfer (EFT)).
4. No Refunds. When you make a purchase through the Services using your Payment Account, all such purchases, including but not limited to purchases made with a gift card, shall be nonrefundable under any circumstances except where required by law. In the event these Terms are terminated for any reason, no portion of any payments you have made of any kind whatsoever shall be owed or be repayable or refunded to you.
5. CashBackApp may offer you a method to fund your Pay With CashBackApp purchases using an automated clearing house (ACH) service provider. By linking your bank account, you expressly authorize CashBackApp's ACH service provider to electronically initiate debits and credits to your account, in accordance with this Agreement and CashBackApp's ACH service provider's terms of service.
1. User Content Generally. Certain features of the Service may permit users to post content, including messages, reviews, photos, images, folders, data, text, and other types of works (collectively, "User Content") and to publish User Content on the Service.
2. Limited License Grant to CashBackApp. By posting User Content, you grant CashBackApp a worldwide, non-exclusive, transferable, assignable, fully paid- up, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable right and license to host, transfer, display, perform, reproduce, modify, distribute and re-distribute, and otherwise exploit your User Content, in whole or in part, in any media formats and through any media channels (now known or hereafter developed). You retain copyright and any other proprietary rights you hold in the User Content that you post to the Service.
3. User Content Representations and Warranties. You are solely responsible for your User Content and the consequences of posting or publishing User Content. By posting and publishing User Content, you affirm, represent, and warrant that:
1. You are the creator and owner of, or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to use and to authorize CashBackApp and users of the Service to use and distribute your User Content as necessary to exercise the licenses granted by you in this Section 9 and in the manner contemplated by CashBackApp and the Terms;
2. Your User Content, and the use thereof as contemplated herein, does not and will not: (a) infringe, violate, or misappropriate any third-party right, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right; (b) slander, defame, libel, or invade the right of privacy, publicity or other property rights of any other person; (c) contain any viruses, adware, spyware, worms, or other malicious code; or (d) violate any applicable law or regulation.
2. User Content Disclaimer. We are under no obligation to edit or control User Content that you and other users post or publish, and will not be in any way responsible or liable for User Content. You understand that when using the Service you will be exposed to User Content from a variety of sources and acknowledge that User Content may be inaccurate, offensive, indecent or objectionable. You agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against CashBackApp with respect thereto. We expressly disclaim any and all liability in connection with User Content. If notified by a user or content owner that User Content allegedly does not conform to the Terms, we may investigate the allegation and determine in our sole discretion whether to remove the User Content, which we reserve the right to do at any time and without notice. For clarity, CashBackApp does not permit copyright infringing activities on the Service. 2. Monitoring Content. CashBackApp does not control and does not have any obligations to monitor: (a) User Content; (b) any content made available by third parties; or (c) the use of the Service by its users. You acknowledge and agree that CashBackApp reserves the right to, and may from time to time, monitor any and all information transmitted or received through the Service for operational and other
3. Consent to Electronic Communications and SMS
2. By providing us with your contact information, you agree that we may contact you at the address, email, phone number, or other contact information provided.
1. Third Party Services and Websites. CashBackApp may provide tools through the Service that enable you to export information to third party services, including through use of an API or by linking your account on CashBackApp with an account on the third party service, such as Twitter or Facebook. By using these tools, you agree that we may transfer such User Content and information to the applicable third party service. Such third party services are not under our control, and we are not responsible for the contents of the third party service or the use of your User Content or information by the third party service. The Service, including our websites, may also contain links to third-party websites. The linked sites are not under our control, and we are not responsible for the contents of any linked site. We provide these links as a convenience only, and a link does not imply our endorsement of, sponsorship of, or affiliation with the linked site. You should make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any transaction with any of these third parties services or websites.
2. Feedback. If you choose to provide input and suggestions regarding problems with or proposed modifications or improvements to the Service (“Feedback”), you hereby grant CashBackApp an unrestricted, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, fully paid- up, worldwide, royalty free right to exploit the Feedback in any manner and for any purpose, including to improve the Service and create other products and services.
4. Term. These Terms are effective beginning when you accept the Terms or first download, install, access, or use the Service, and ending when terminated as described in Section 17.
5. Termination of Use; Discontinuation and Modification of the Service. If you engage in Prohibited Conduct or otherwise violate any of the Terms, your permission to use the Service will automatically terminate and any rights you have to the Rewards in
your account will terminate and you will no longer be eligible to receive a distribution of such Rewards. You also agree that we may, at any time and without notice to you, suspend or revoke your access to and use of the Service, and any accounts you may have in connection with the Service including: (i) where we determine in our sole discretion that such action is reasonable in order to comply with legal requirements or to protect the rights or interests of CashBackApp or any third party; or (ii) in connection with any general discontinuation of the Service. We also reserve the right to modify the Service at any time without notice to you. We will have no liability whatsoever on account of any change to the Service or any suspension or revocation of your access to or use of the Service, provided that if we terminate your access to the Service other than for your breach of these Terms, you may be entitled to have your Rewards distributed, as described in the Terms. You may terminate your account at any time by visiting our Help Center. If you are unable to log-in to the Help Center please send an email to accountsupport@CashBackApp.com.
6. Effect of Termination. Upon termination of these Terms: (a) in accordance with the applicable End User License Agreement, your license rights will terminate and you must immediately cease use of the Service; (b) you will no longer be authorized to access your account or the Service; and (c) all payment obligations accrued prior to termination and Sections 14, 17, and 18-29 and any other Sections which, by its nature or express terms should survive will survive.
7. Ownership; Proprietary Rights. The Service is owned and operated by Boost Holdings Limited. The visual interfaces, graphics, design, compilation, information, computer code (including source code or object code), products, software, services, and all other elements of the Service provided by CashBackApp (the "Materials") are protected by Kenya copyright, trade dress, and trademark laws, international conventions, and all other relevant intellectual property and proprietary rights, and applicable laws. Except for any User Content that is provided and owned by users of the Service, all Materials contained in the Service are the property of CashBackApp or its subsidiaries or affiliated companies and/or third-party licensors. All trademarks, service marks, and trade names are proprietary to CashBackApp or its affiliates and/or third-party licensors. Except as expressly authorized by CashBackApp, you agree not to sell, license, distribute, copy, modify, publicly perform or display, transmit, publish, edit, adapt, create derivative works from, or otherwise make unauthorized use of the Materials. CashBackApp reserves all rights to the Materials not expressly granted in the Terms.
8. Indemnity. To the fullest extent permitted by law, you are responsible for your use of the Service, and you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless CashBackApp and its officers, directors, employees, consultants, affiliates, subsidiaries and agents (collectively, the "CashBackApp Entities") from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses and expenses, including reasonable attorneys' and accounting fees and costs, arising out of or in any way connected with (i) your access to, use of or alleged use of the Service; (ii) your violation of the Terms or any representation, warranty, or agreements referenced herein, or any applicable law or regulation; (iii) your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any intellectual property right, publicity, confidentiality, property or privacy right; or (iv) any disputes or issues between you and any third party. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, and in such case, you agree to cooperate with our defense of such claim.
THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND ON AN "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. THE CASHBACKAPP ENTITIES SPECIFICALLY (BUT WITHOUT LIMITATION) DISCLAIM (i) ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUIET ENJOYMENT OR NON-INFRINGEMENT; (ii) ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE-OF-DEALING, USAGE, OR TRADE; (iii) ANY WARRANTIES THAT THE INFORMATION OR RESULTS PROVIDED IN, OR THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF, THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, COMPLETE, OR UP-TO-DATE; AND (iv) ANY WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER REGARDING ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIAL ADVERTISED, MADE AVAILABLE, OR REFERRED TO YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE. YOU ASSUME ALL RISK FOR ALL DAMAGES, INCLUDING DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM, MOBILE DEVICE OR LOSS OF DATA THAT MAY RESULT FROM YOUR USE OF OR ACCESS TO THE SERVICE. ANY CONTENT, MATERIALS, INFORMATION OR SOFTWARE DOWNLOADED, USED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK.
THE LIMITATIONS, EXCLUSIONS AND DISCLAIMERS IN THIS SECTION APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. CASHBACKAPP DOES NOT DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTY OR OTHER RIGHT THAT CASHBACKAPP IS PROHIBITED FROM DISCLAIMING UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, NEITHER THE CASHBACKAPP ENTITIES NOR ANY OTHER PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OPERATING OR DELIVERING THE SERVICE WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STATUTE OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, WHETHER OR NOT THE CASHBACKAPP ENTITIES HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE WHERE SUCH DAMAGES RESULT FROM: (i) YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE, THE SERVICE, OR (ii) ANY PURCHASE OF A THIRD PARTY PRODUCT OR SERVICE BASED ON INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THE CASHBACKAPP SERVICE, INCLUDING THE AVAILABILITY OF A COUPON. YOU
SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE CASHBACKAPP ENTITIES ARE NOT LIABLE FOR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OR THIRD PARTIES AND THAT THE RISK OF INJURY FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU. FURTHER, THE CASHBACKAPP ENTITIES WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY TO YOU OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY THIRD-PARTY CONTENT UPLOADED ONTO OR DOWNLOADED FROM THE SITE OR THROUGH THE SERVICE. EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN SECTION 23.5 AND TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE CASHBACKAPP ENTITIES TO YOU FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF (i) THE AMOUNTS YOU HAVE PAID TO CASHBACKAPP FOR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICE GIVING RISE TO SUCH LIABILITY IN THE TWELVE (12) MONTHS PRIOR TO THE CLAIM OR (ii) $100. THE LIMITATIONS OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN CASHBACKAPP AND YOU. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY IN CERTAIN CIRCUMSTANCES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. EACH PROVISION OF THESE TERMS THAT PROVIDES FOR A LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES, OR EXCLUSION OF DAMAGES IS INTENDED TO AND DOES ALLOCATE THE RISKS BETWEEN THE PARTIES UNDER THESE TERMS. THIS ALLOCATION IS AN ESSENTIAL ELEMENT OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES. EACH OF THESE PROVISIONS IS SEVERABLE AND INDEPENDENT OF ALL OTHER PROVISIONS OF THESE TERMS. THE LIMITATIONS IN THIS SECTION 22 WILL APPLY EVEN IF ANY LIMITED REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
informal than a lawsuit in court. Arbitration uses a neutral arbitrator instead of a judge or jury, may allow for more limited discovery than in court, and can be subject to very limited review by courts. Arbitrators can award the same damages and relief that a court can award. Our agreement to arbitrate disputes includes, but is not limited to, all claims arising out of or relating to any aspect of these Terms, whether based in contract, tort, statute, fraud, misrepresentation or any other legal theory, and regardless of whether the claims arise during or after the termination of these Terms. You understand and agree that, by entering into these Terms, you and CashBackApp are each waiving the right to a trial by jury or to participate in a class action.
2. Exceptions. Notwithstanding subsection 23.1, we both agree that nothing herein shall be deemed to waive, preclude, or otherwise limit either of our right to (i) bring an individual action in small claims court, (ii) pursue enforcement actions through applicable federal, state, or local agencies where such actions are available, (iii) seek injunctive relief in a court of law, or (iv) to file suit in a court of law to address intellectual property infringement claims.
3. Notice; Process. A party who intends to seek arbitration must first send a written notice of the dispute to the other, by certified mail, Federal Express (signature required), or in the event that we do not have a physical address on file for you, we may send notice to you by electronic mail ("Notice").
4. No class actions. YOU AND CASHBACKAPP AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. Further, unless both you and CashBackApp agree otherwise, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person's claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding.
5. Modifications. In the event that CashBackApp makes any future change to this arbitration provision (other than a change to CashBackApp's address for Notice), you may reject any such change by sending us written notice within 30 days of the change to CashBackApp's address for Notice, in which case your account with CashBackApp shall be immediately terminated and this arbitration provision, as in effect immediately prior to the amendments you reject, shall survive.
6. Enforceability If only Subsection 23.6 is found to be unenforceable or the entirety of this Section 23 is found to be unenforceable, then the entirety of this Section 23 shall be null and void and, in such case, the parties agree that the exclusive jurisdiction and venue described in Section 24 shall govern any action arising out of or related to these Terms.
2. Governing Law; Venue. These Terms, whether interpreted in a court of law or in arbitration, shall be governed by the laws of the State of Colorado as they apply to agreements entered into and to be performed entirely within Colorado by Colorado residents, and without regard to conflict of law principles. To the extent that any lawsuit or court proceeding is permitted hereunder, you and CashBackApp agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the state courts and federal courts located within Denver, Colorado for the purpose of litigating all such claims or disputes. The Service is intended for visitors located within the Kenya. We make no representation that the Service is appropriate or available for use outside of the Kenya. Access to the Service from countries or territories or by individuals where such access is illegal is prohibited.