1. Types of Information We Collect
2. How CashBackApp Uses Information
3. When and Why CashBackApp Discloses Information
4. Your Choices
5. Accessing and Correcting Information
6. Security of Personal Information
7. Our Commitment to Children's Privacy
8. International Visitors
9. Privacy Rights
11. Our Contact Information
We may ask you to provide information when you register, subscribe, or create an account for our Services, link your CashBackApp account to a retail loyalty card or loyalty program, contact CashBackApp for customer service purposes, or otherwise interact with or use the Services. We may collect certain types of information, including information that can be used to reasonably identify you, such as your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, date of birth, geographic location, and mobile device data (as described below) (“Personal Information”), and information that does not identify you personally. We may collect the following types of information, including Personal Information:
● Registration and Contact Information that allows you to register for the Services and allows us to communicate with you, such as your name, email address, password, social media user account names, telephone number, or other address at which you receive communications from or on behalf of CashBackApp. If you sign up using a social media account, we will also receive information from that service, such as your friend list, email, name, and birth date.
● Relationship Information that helps us to understand who you are and what types of offers you might like, such as lifestyle, preference, and interest information; the types of offers that interest you; information collected from social media interactions (such as via Facebook Connect); and demographic information (e.g., birth date, gender, ethnicity, education, household income, and marital status).
● Search Information, meaning the terms or keywords you search for when using the Services, both online and on the CashBackApp mobile application.
● Shopping List Information about the items and terms you search for and place on your Shopping List when using the Services, as well as what items you check off of your Shopping List when using the Services.
● Purchase Information about the items you purchase, such as item descriptions and quantities, time of purchase, total purchase cost, and the store you purchased the items from. Purchase information also includes any information (including Personal Information) that may be found on a receipt copy that you submit to us when completing the redemption of an offer.
● Transaction Information about how you interact with the Services, such as the offers you view and redeem, other products you purchase, and the stores you prefer; other information about how you use our Services, email, other communications, and applications; and how you interact with CashBackApp's merchants, business partners, and service providers.
● Loyalty and Retailer Account Information, meaning the usernames (which could be your telephone number or email address, if you use them as your username), passwords, and loyalty and retailer account numbers for the accounts you choose to link to the Services, and the historical and future transaction information associated with those accounts that you agree to send us, such as the items you purchase, the prices charged, the stores you purchase them from, and when. We collect this information only if you choose to connect your CashBackApp account to your loyalty or retailer program account. We do not collect payment card account number/expiration/security code information, bank account information, pharmacy account information, prescription histories, medical information or other information that is generally not found on a purchase checkout receipt issued at a retailer register.
● Location Information including state/province, city, or zip code, as well as precise location data and associated time of day, if you have activated our Services on a mobile device and permitted your mobile device to transmit location data. Please see the Your Choices section under the heading "mobile" for more information on how to opt-out of our Location Information-based features.
● Background Location Tracking, meaning GPS location information of your mobile device, even when the CashBackApp mobile application is running in the background.
● Mobile Device Information. We collect certain information about your mobile device when you use our Services, including device identifier (such as the Android Advertising ID and the Apple iOS IDFA), user settings, the make, model, and operating system of your device, information about other applications installed on your device (and, if you use an Android-based mobile device, how you use them – e.g., frequency and duration of use), and information about your use of our Services while using the device, such as your use of features, functions, or clicks on notifications or content.
● Communications and other Interactions. We collect any information you provide with your interactions with other users on the Service. For example, we collect the messages that you send and receive using the direct messaging feature. Please be aware that these messages will be accessible to other users and we are not responsible for the manner in which other users use or disclose that information.
● Information from Cookies and Similar Technologies. When you use our Services, we and our partners may collect certain information using cookies and similar technologies, such as pixel tags, web beacons, browser analysis tools, and web server logs. Cookies are small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser/app. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser/app and may be used by your browser/app on subsequent visits to the Service. Pixel tags and web beacons are tiny graphic images placed on website pages or in our emails that allow us to determine whether you have performed specific actions. When you access these pages or open email messages, the pixel tags and web beacons generate a notice of that action to us, or our service providers. These tools allow us to measure the response to our communications and improve our web pages and promotions.
We collect many different types of information from cookies and other technologies. For example, we may collect and record information from the devices you use to access our Services, such as your IP address, operating system type or mobile device model, mobile device identifiers, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone of your device. We may also collect information about the website you were visiting before you came to our Services and the website you visit after you leave our Services.
● Information from Third Parties. We may receive information about you from third parties and combine it with information we have about you. If you use a social media platform, a mobile device or other third-party method of communication to interact with CashBackApp or the Services, that platform may have a specific privacy statement that governs the use of information related to that platform. If you have questions about the security and privacy settings of your mobile device, please refer to instructions from your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
You use CashBackApp as your shopping companion, and we and our partners will use the information we collect from and about you in many ways to help you shop and learn about your shopping habits. This includes using the information in creative ways so that you may be provided with shopping-related services and for advertising and marketing to you.
CashBackApp and our partners use information to:
● Operate and improve our Services, including web hosting;
● Sending emails on our behalf;
● Having third parties process payments;
● Analyze and understand how you use our Services;
● Evaluate the types of offers, products, or services that may be of interest to you and provide you with offers from participating brands and retail clients that are more relevant to you, including offers based on variables such as stated and anticipated user interests, personal characteristics, consumption of advertisements, past shopping list placements or searches, past offer redemptions, or user location; Evaluate eligibility of users for certain offers, products or services;
● Track redemption of offers and past purchases, including audits of user rewards distributed and fraud prevention;
● Perform aggregated, pseudonymous (unless otherwise consented to by you) analytics that may be used for CashBackApp’s and any third parties’ marketing, advertising, and data enrichment activities;
● Provide customer support to users;
● Communicate and provide additional information which may be of interest to you about CashBackApp and our merchants and business partners, such as CashBackApp news, special offers, announcements, and marketing materials;
● Infer the location of the places you visit most often, determine your frequency or the amount of time spent at these locations, and send notifications when you arrive at or leave those places;
● Give you the most relevant cash back recommendations and alerts. CashBackApp uses background location tracking to show you personalized content, send you relevant push notifications when you’re near a store with supported offers, and support advertising.
● Send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages service bulletins, or marketing;
● Provide advertisements and marketing solicitations to you through the Services, email messages, text messages, push notifications, applications, or other methods of communication;
● Administer surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored by us or our partners;
● Carry out other purposes to which you consent.
In addition to the foregoing, we may aggregate information and use it for any purpose.
(i) hashed information, device identifiers, or location information (in each case anonymized and/or pseudonymized), and (ii) information shared with third party service providers who only use the information to assist us with internal management of the our Services (for example, to detect and prevent fraud), we do not disclose your contact information or other personally identifiable information (PII). We share information with third parties to assist us in carrying out the purposes described in Section 2 above.
Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers. We may share your information to effect a merger, acquisition, or otherwise, and to support the sale or transfer of business assets. If CashBackApp is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or prominent notice on one or more of our Services of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Information.
As Required by Law, to Enforce Laws and Similar Disclosures. We may also disclose Personal Information to defend ourselves in litigation or a regulatory action; when required or advised to do so by law, such as in response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in the Kenya and other countries where we operate; to enforce our rights or protect our property; to protect the rights, property or safety of others, investigate fraud, respond to a government request; or as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions. Analytics. We also use third party services, such as Google Analytics, to help us understand how visitors interact with our website and to help improve our user experience. Google provides additional privacy options regarding cookie use described at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. We use other third party services, such as The Trade Desk, to assist with targeted advertising. The Trade Desk provides additional privacy options described at https://www.thetradedesk.com/us/privacy. Aggregate Data. CashBackApp may also disclose information about you that is not personally identifiable. For example, we may provide our merchants, business partners, or other third parties with reports that contain aggregated data, statistical data, and/or anonymized data.
Consent. We may also share your information with your consent.
We think that you benefit from a more personalized experience when we know more about you and the kinds of offers you like. However, you can limit the information you provide to CashBackApp, and you can limit the communications that CashBackApp sends to you. For further information about your specific rights to any personal information that CashBackApp collects about you, please refer to Section 9 - Privacy Notice.
Email. You can manage your email preferences by logging into CashBackApp's mobile application and going to the Notifications section under Settings. You may also manage your email preferences by clicking "unsubscribe" on any email communication we send you. You may choose to subscribe to some types of messages, and may choose to unsubscribe from others.
Cookies. You may manage how your browser handles cookies and related technologies by adjusting its privacy and security settings. Please note that if you disable cookies, you may be unable to access some customized features of our Services. You can opt-out of being targeted by certain third party advertising companies online at www.networkadvertising.org/consumer/opt_out.asp and http://www.aboutads.info/choices/. CashBackApp honors these ad tracking opt-out requests.
Mobile. Some of the features of the Service may enable CashBackApp to access and collect information about your current or past location in order to personalize the Service for you and provide other features of the Services ("Location-based Features"). In order to use Location- based Features, you must give CashBackApp permission to use your geo-location through your device. CashBackApp may access your geo-location using a variety of means, including GPS, IP address, or cell tower location. You may opt-out of using Location-Based Features by going to Settings and turning off
the "Nearby Store Alerts" feature. Alternatively, you may adjust the settings on your mobile device to prevent the sharing of precise Location Information. You may also manage how your mobile device or mobile browser handles cookies and related technologies by adjusting your mobile device privacy and security settings. If you choose not to allow CashBackApp to use your location information or disable CashBackApp's Location-based Features on your device under settings, you will not be able to utilize certain features of the Service.
You may also opt-out of remarketing and third-party advertising campaigns by enabling an CashBackApp preference called "Do Not Sell My Personal Information.”
Connecting through Social Networks. You may be able to manage what social networks share with CashBackApp when you register with us through a social media platform or application, such as through Facebook Connect. Please refer to the privacy settings of the applicable social media platform or application to determine how you may adjust our permissions and manage the interactivity between CashBackApp and your social media account.
Web Push Notifications. You may opt into web push notifications via the Options button or tab on your browser’s address bar. At any point, you can go to your browser to change your preferences and/or opt out.
CashBackApp's SMS Programs. By providing us with your mobile telephone number, you consent to receive SMS text messages at that number as requested for account verification and authentication and other purposes related to the Service. You may also receive an SMS from CashBackApp if you are invited by another user to join CashBackApp. You can stop receiving SMS messages at any time. Just text "STOP" to 47453. After you send the SMS message "STOP" to us, we will send you an SMS message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. After this, you will no longer receive SMS messages from us.
Keeping your information helps ensure that we provide you with the best offers available through our merchants and business partners.
You may update or correct your profile information and preferences at any time by accessing your Settings through the Service. You may also exercise any of the rights described in Section 9 If you want to close your account or have other questions or requests, or if you would like to access or request a correction to any other information we hold about you, please contact us at email@example.com. If you wish to cancel your account, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that while your changes are reflected promptly in active user databases, we may retain all information you submit for as long as needed to fulfill a legitimate business need or as required by law, including for backups and archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, compliance with legal obligations, dispute resolution, enforcing our agreements, and analytics.
We use certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards that are designed to improve the integrity and security of your Personal Information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or store on the Service.
The Service is hosted in AWS UK and AWS Ireland, if you choose to use the please note that you are transferring your personally identifiable information to these regions for storage and processing, and by providing your personally identifiable information on the Service you consent to that transfer, storage, and processing.
CashBackApp takes data collection and privacy seriously. See below your rights as a CashBackApp Saver. <
Right to Opt Out You have the right to direct CashBackApp to not sell your personal information to third parties at any time. This is referred to as your “right to opt out.” If you choose to opt out of the sharing of your anonymized personal information, CashBackApp will no longer send your anonymized and/or deidentified information to third parties. You can choose, at any time, to opt back in to the sale of your anonymized and/or deidentified personal information by writing to email@example.com
Right to Know You have the right to receive information about the types of personal information that CashBackApp sells or discloses to third parties. Specifically, this right allows you to ask CashBackApp (a) what are the categories of personal information that CashBackApp collects about me? (b) what are the categories of my personal information that CashBackApp sells to third parties? (c) what are the categories of third parties that CashBackApp sells this information to? and (d) what are the categories of personal information that are disclosed to third parties for a business purpose? Each of these four questions must be answered by CashBackApp when you exercise your right to know. CashBackApp will disclose this information to you within 45 days of you exercising your right to know. If you choose to exercise this right, you will receive both an email confirming CashBackApp’s receipt of your request, and a follow- up email with the information addressing these questions. .
Right to Access You have the right to request access to all the categories of personal information that CashBackApp has collected about you, and all the specific pieces of personal information that CashBackApp has collected about you through your use of the CashBackApp app. When you exercise this right, the information that CashBackApp provides to you must be in a portable and readily readable format. CashBackApp will disclose this information to you within 45 days of you exercising your right to access. If you choose to exercise this right, you will receive both an email confirming CashBackApp’s receipt of your request, and a follow-up email with the information addressing these questions.